Most women have to use a cramped bathroom space or even the car at times when applying their makeup. Ideally, every woman should have a designated area to apply makeup since the whole idea is to enhance one’s natural beauty. If you can relate to this, then the ideal solution is to add a vanity set to your bedroom. You can find some suggestions below to help you organize a space that is extremely comfortable.
Suggestions to organize your vanity set
- Choose a table or desk. This piece of furniture should have several drawers and enough working space. In case you are not able to find a makeup table that can satisfy your needs, you could use two decorating tables and add a tabletop to create a unique design.
- Position the table along with a matching bench or chair in the desired location. Ensure that you choose comfortable seating for your vanity. Ideally, the seat should be covered in fabric to provide more comfort when you are sitting for a long time and must have the right height to support your back or allow you to use the mirror properly during makeup application.
- Now, you need to add a mirror to your makeup vanity. For this, you have the option of hanging the mirror on the wall at midpoint position that is at the right level with your eye or you could opt for a freestanding mirror. In case you are choosing the freestanding mirror, its best to use a swiveling design with a standard mirror at one side and a magnifying mirror on the other side.
- A good lighting system will be a great addition to your vanity. You can add two decorative lamps to the each side if you have enough space, if not, it’s best to use wall mount lights. If possible, you can add incandescent light bulbs as these will simulate the sunlight.
- You can now choose small decorative containers for you vanity. With this, you can keep all your essential makeup items such as hairbrush, mascara, foundation and lipstick well-organized.
- Choose a dressing table with enough drawers to store other items. You can organize the drawers in different sections so that you can find things easily. For instance, you can set aside drawer space to store disposable items like makeup remover pads, cotton balls and cotton swabs.
- Don’t forget to add personal touches to your vanity set. This will be your little haven where you want to relax after a stressful day. You can add photos of your family and plants to this space or anything else that you will find relaxing.
When you have a vanity set at home, you will discover that an organized space will make it much easier for you to dress in the morning. Having a bit of peace and quiet while applying your makeup will definitely help you to start your day in a better mood!